The Evolution of Smart Mirrors
The Evolution of Smart Mirrors
Intelligent mirrors will allow you to do your makeup, style your hair, get instant weather and traffic updates, receive messages and alerts from various services, watch TV shows or movies, find out the latest news updates from sources you specify.
Your mirror will be able to read the mood you're in based on the lighting around you and offer up options that can help you feel better.
What is a Smart Mirror?
A smart mirror is a mirror that can show you things, be it your schedule, reminders, messages, or images. The idea is that the mirror will augment reality and make it more useful and valuable to the user.
A smart mirror is typically mounted on the wall and has a touch-sensitive surface and a high-resolution display to interact with. It connects to your smartphone or other devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for information gathering purposes.
A smart mirror can be accessed in two ways - either by standing at the front of it or by approaching from an angle on its side.
The Benefits of Using a Smart Mirror
Smart mirrors are a fantastic way to stay updated on your daily schedule, the weather, and all of your social media notifications. They also come in handy if you need to quickly lookup information on the go, like recipes or how to do something.
The benefits of using a smart mirror are numerous but one of the most important is that it can help reduce your screen time. There have been studies done on how screens affect children and adults alike. It has been found that screen time causes people to feel less happy because there is less physical contact with other people and it limits their interactions with others.
Smart mirrors can be used as a stopgap for this problem by making sure that screens are not being used too much by making them less accessible when they are needed for something really important.
How to Choose the Best Smart Mirror for Your Needs
When considering a smart mirror for your home, the first thing you should know is that they are not all created equally. To make informed decisions on which device to purchase, one should research and consider their needs.
The first step in the process of buying a smart mirror is to identify what features are important to you. The best way to do this is by asking yourself questions such as: What types of video inputs do I need? Do I want any physical buttons that control my device? Do I need a larger display?
Once you have determined what features are important to you, it's time to compare devices and find one that has them all - or at least most - for the price point you're willing to pay. Researching devices will also help determine which brands offer the best quality
Smart Mirror Features to Look For
1. Clear Mirror – Most mirrors have clear windows and some do not. You should be able to see the whole image.
2. Waterproof Mirror- Some mirrors are water-resistant. If you want to be sure you can use it, then you better buy one with a strong waterproof glass.
3. Mirror Shape – There are several mirror shapes you have to consider. A square mirror is the most common.
4. Focal Point – The focal point of a picture will be the focal length of your mirror and the angle of view you get from the mirror will determine how well the picture appears in it.
5. Color Temperature – It is important to remember that colors in mirrors can vary from very warm to very cool.
6. Optical Quality – Mirror quality is an important factor.